The law of the Kyrgyz Republic of “Public-private partnership in the Kyrgyz Republic” was adopted on the 22nd of February, 2012.
PPP implies a long-term (up to 50 years) interaction of private and governmental partners on the issues of attracting a private partner by a governmental partner for designing, financing, construction, restoration, reconstruction of facilities and administration of existing or newly established facilities, including infrastructural ones.
The goals of PPP laws include:
- Creating of a favorable environment for development of PPP;
- Protection of interests- private partners in PPP projects.
Adopted statutory instruments in the sphere of PPP:
- Decree of the Government of the KR “Of defining of authorized authorities in the sector of public-private partnership” No 616 dated 14/09/2012.
- Decree of the Government of the KR “Of separate issues in the sector of public-private partnership in the Kyrgyz Republic” No 28 dated 28/01/2013:
- Regulations about a bidding committee for selection of private partners on the projects of public-private partnership;
- Procedure of preparation of bidding rules and bidding documents on the projects of public-private partnership in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- «Regulation on application of the form of private partner’s participation in the projects of public-private partnership” No 39 dated 28/02/2013.
- “Bidding procedure on the private-governmental partnership projects” No 52 dated 27/03/2013.
PPP is applied to infrastructure facilities and/or infrastructure services in the field of:
- Ecology and water supply
- Energy engineering
- Social sector
- Informational support and public administration
- In other fields related to providing of services to a wide number of consumers, excluding infrastructure facilities and infrastructure services which list is defined by the Government.
PPP is not applied to the relations in mineral resources use, public purchases and privatization.
The Mayor’s Office of Bishkek city pays especial attention to introduction of PPP mechanisms at the municipal level. A coordinating authority on the issues related to implementation of municipal projects with application of PPP mechanism is Bishkek City Development Agency in which structure the PPP Department was established.